Hi Mark,

Working on a utility for Windows that writes to

  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

this (and the correct names for every language!) will be returned by using

 specialfolderpath(35)

but it occurs to me that this would not work for non-English operating
systems.  Three questions:

- Can I use the environmental variable $ALLUSERSPROFILE with absolute
confidence that it will resolve on all Windows operating systems?

No idea, sorry.

- How do I write into the "Application Data" subdirectory? (i.e. how do
I anticipate the localized name?)

See above.

- If I can't, then can I create a directory at the root of "All Users"
with absolute confidence that I can do it on all systems?

See above :-)

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Mark Powell