Charles,

(I've been following this discussion on the use-rev list, so I'm taking the liberty to post it there too.)

I suspect your problem may be related to the fact that you have a keyDown handler in the field that may be blocking the return key. (Although it's not supposed to.) It should work if you force the return key to "tab" to the next field by including a returnInField handler:

on returnInField
  get the number of me
  select the text of fld (it + 1)
end returnInField

Anybody know why the keyDown handler blocks the autoTab? Maybe a candidate for bugzilla?

Devin