Jim Ault wrote:
On 12/19/06 10:12 AM, "J. Landman Gay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am trying to estimate the different timings between CPUs so I can
adjust some animation scripts accordingly. My available hardware for
testing is limited though.

I have a Mac PowerBook G4 that runs at 864 MHz. I want to know how this
would compare to a Pentium III running at 800 MHz. I think Pentiums are
a little faster than Motorola chips, but in general, do you think they'd
run at about the same speed? Or close?

You could build a little test stack that did some operations and stored a
baseline value for these, then in the operating environ, trigger these, get
the new values and prorate.

I've done this in the past and maybe I'll have to do it again. Was hoping to avoid it. ;(

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]