On Jan 9, 2007, at 2:46 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

On Jan 9, 2007, at 2:30 PM, chris bohnert wrote:

Did I miss a spec? Does the phone actually have GPS or are you referring to the time differencing data that most carriers use to triangulate a phones
location?

I thought I heard that Google Maps knew where you were on the iPhone so I assumed that some sort of GPS data was available.

I watched the iPhone presentation last night and noticed when talking about Google Maps that Steve started at the Moscone center using a saved location. I think the live coverage I was reading mistakingly thought that Google Maps knew the actual location.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com