David Bovill wrote:

In general no delimiter is completely safe - safest would be XML is my guess

Au contraire. :) I routinely use non-printing characters as delimiters because the user cannot type them. My favorites are numtochar(3) and numtochar(8) which are the enter and delete keys. They work fine as delimiters, but there is no way a user can enter them into the actual data. There are others you can choose from too, down in the lower ascii levels.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]