That sounds like the problem - is there a way around it - setting a
background colour?

Here is an example:

 http://docs.rev-co.de/radial.png

On 05/02/07, Scott Rossi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Recently, David Bovill wrote:

> With the graphing application I have a problem i do not understand. With
> smaller graphs everything is OK, but with large or rather wide graphs
they
> do not dislay correctly - I get coloured bands.
>
> Has anyone else seen this - I do not think jpegs or other formats work
much
> better - they display fine in Preview on OSX?

Can you post a screenshot somewhere, or an example stack?  One thing that
can happen is if you have shallow gradient spanning a large distance,
there
may not be a wide enough range of colors to render the gradient smoothly,
and the result is a banding effect.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director