On 13 Feb 2007, at 17:03, Trevor DeVore wrote:

On Feb 13, 2007, at 8:02 AM, Dave wrote:

Hi All,

I would like to pass a large buffer of binary data to an External Function, but I'm not sure how to go about it in TranScript.

Pass in the name of the variable to store the binary data in as an argument to your function. Then use an ExternalString and SetVariableEx. For example, to assign the contents of a HANDLE containing PNG data you would do something like this:

ExternalString theExternalString.buffer = *thePNGHandle;
theExternalString.length = GetHandleSize(thePNGHandle);
SetVariableEx( p_arguments[0], "", &theExternalString, &r_success);

Hi Trevor,

Yes, I was thinking of doing it that way, but I would like to keep the Setup in RunRev since it is easier to change and also I can make a cool GUI interface for it. It's only performed once at startup so I'm not worried about the execution speed.

All the Best
Dave