I'm trying to make one of my programs command-line accessable, so the following would result in a command being executed...

  myprogram.exe -action "path/to/infile.ext" "path/to/outfile.ext"

The action would result in the program performing the action and then quitting before the interface ever loads. So far I am able to achieve this, but I would like to be able to write a message to the console/shell when the action is complete. The message would be like the following...

  MyProgram (c) 2007 My Company
  Successfully -actioned "path/to/infile.ext" as "path/to/outfile.ext"

Or more simply, the following command...

  myprogram.exe -help

resulting in:

  MyProgram (c) 2007 My Company

  -action "infile" "outfile"
  -another action "infile" "outfile"

The target operating system for this type of behavior is Windows, and I would like to be able to handle all flavors of Windows (95,98,XP,Vista, etc.). Does anyone have any guidance on how I write to the shell/console?

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/