On 2/23/07 6:11 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Martin Baxter wrote:
>> I don't know about the chances of this actually succeeding but Microsoft
>> is clearly attempting to do something about that. See:
>>
>> <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/starter/defa
>> ult.mspx>
>
> LOL - that site says it all.  Not in content, but in form:  using
> Firefox on my Mac, that site looks like hell with text colors in the
> header all wrong, columns out of alignment, fonts at awkward sizes.
>
> It looks like Microsoft is now designing their site to work only with
> Microsoft Internet Exploder.

Using Firefox 2.0.0.1 on OSX 10.4.7
I don't see all that you are seeing, Richard, but do find menu buttons that
are not set/reset, and some other anomalies.

I wonder what we are missing by not using Vista+IE.vista+auto-installed
plugins.  It looks like you sorta need Vista installed to find out about
Vista so that you can decide to install it.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas