Another option would be to open a process, as in

open process "/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app"

or to use AppleScript

tell application "Terminal"
launch
end tell

In this way, you can have more control over quitting the app when
finished. Applescript would probably be best since it doesn't leave a
process open in Revolution and it is more dynamic (Although doubtful,
what if a user moved the terminal from the Utillities folder?)

Thanks,
Brent Anderson

On 2/26/07, Hershel Fisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2/26/07 11:30 AM, "Bernard Devlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> Hi, is there a way to open a terminal app from within Rev
>> Not a shell command
>> Thanks, Hershel
>
> put shell("open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app")
>
> I assume you don't mind Terminal.app being opened by the Shell
> command - as long as the Terminal window is displayed :-)
Thanks, Hershel