Hi Devin,

This doesn't work for me (Mac OS X 10.4.8, Rev 2.7.8).

The # is replaced by n instead of n-umlaut.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Get your store on-line within minutes with Salery Web Store software. Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 1-mrt-2007, om 16:38 heeft Devin Asay het volgende geschreven:

Signe,

You can still do it without one of these methods. Let's take your case as an example. Say you have a field "poundfield" that contains your text with # for each n-umlaut. Now create another field, say field "result", and set its textFont to a unicode font as in #1 of my first post, below. Now create a button with the following script:

on mouseUp
  get fld "poundfld"
  replace "#" with "nÃà" in it
  set the unicodeText of fld "result" to uniencode(it,"UTF8")
end mouseUp

Barring any automatic Mac to PC character substitutions (by Rev or by your mail client,) this should result in the #'s in your poundfield being replaced by the character you want. If it doesn't work as posted here, the three characters in the 'with' part of the replace statement are ASCII-110 ASCII-204 ASCII-136. So you could generate them reliably by doing this:

on mouseUp
  get fld "poundfld"
  put numToChar(110) & numToChar(204) & numToChar(136) into tChars
  replace "#" with tChars in it
  set the unicodeText of fld "result" to uniencode(it,"UTF8")
end mouseUp

Hope this saves you from a kludge. ;-)

Devin