Dreamhost supports the streaming of FLV files. they also offer an online file converter to FLV. Can't answer the question about transitions.

example
http://www.burnoutworld.com/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi?c=show_thumbs;p=Cars/Car%20Burnout%20Videos

http://dreamhost.com

Yes - but I have two problems with that. Apart from not manageing yet to be
able to copy and paste text into an altBrowser window on Mac (still think
this should be possible by scripting focus issues) is that I can't  do
transitions between movies. If somene has knowledge of how to do this inside
Flash - ie play lists of FLV files then I can either do something server
side to pass the playlist to Flash or if it is possible in Flash 5 I could
even use the player - but I doubt Flash 5 supports FLV - I think FLV came in
with Falsh 7?

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o