I appreciate everyone's suggestions. Despite the confusion in my postings, I did have showFocusBorder and setBorder properties set to false prior to printing while trying to use select empty. I got so desperate I tried select empty in many places before printing with no success.

I found a workaround by setting the traversalOn property of all of my fields on card to false before printing and then resetting the travseralOn property to true for all of the fields after printing. This a problem with both Rev. 2.7.4 and 2.8.1.

I will report this to quality control.

Charles Szasz