Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
Hi everyone,

At least I'm back to a stack that will build a standalone again; but when I try to add the files for my external aiff files, I cannot get the path to match the source path for the players. As an example: the first player's source path is:

/applications/Revolution Studio/2.8.0-gm-4/MusicFolder/MusicOne.aiff

but when I add the file with the Standalone setup dialog it only places part of the path for that file, like:

/2.8.0-gm-4/MusicFolder/MusicOne.aiff

No matter how hard I try, I can't get that to happen. I tested with 2.7.4, 2.8.0, and 2.8.1 beta. The full path is always there.

Regardless of path issues, note that the sound files will be copied inside your standalone bundle when you choose to "add files". (Go look inside the standalone bundle, I bet they are there in a folder called "2.8.0-gm-4"). If your players are hard-coded to the file's original location, they won't likely play on anyone else's machine though they should still play on your own machine if the paths are accurate. The file paths in the SB have nothing to do with the file paths you set in your player objects. The SB file paths only determine where the SB will copy additional files. It is up to you to assign the file paths to objects correctly.

If you really do want to play the files from their original locations, then don't bother to include the files in the standalone. (They will likely only play on your own machine in that case, no one else will have them.) If you do want the files included inside the bundle so that anyone can play them, then allow the SB to move them there (which it does when you choose to add files) and change your player file paths to relative paths, relative to the stack location. When testing in the IDE, you will need to have the audio files in a similar relative position to your stack.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]