On May 9, 2007, at 1:45 PM, Charles Szasz wrote:

I am still having a great deal of problems on how to trap for a cursor that is moved out of a field by using the mouse instead of using a tab, enter or return key!! Despite the suggestions I received when I posted this as "Is there a solution for this problem?", I cannot resolve this problem.

I tried the following suggested by Jacqueline:

if the selectedfield is not empty
then
send "closefield" to the selectedfield

but that does not work.

Charles,

Check out the selectionChanged message. This message is triggered when the selected text in a field changes, including, if memory serves, when the selection point is first established inside a field.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University