On 14/05/07, Chipp Walters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

David,

Originally I had a 'VueHub' which acted as a broker between Rev and Vue's
Python, sending and retrieving Python scripts and data back and forth. I
ended up only using Rev as the Installer/Manager for Vue and the toolbar
you
are seeing is wxPython (runs on all platforms as well). I could never get
the VueHub approach to run in it's own thread. Not a problem for Rev, but
rather a problem for Vue's own version of Python.

I'm not clear on this Chipp - probably as I've never written a plugin. I
have played with wxPython a few years back - but only for standalones...
what I'd like to Grok is exactly how "The VueToolbar does run in it's own
thread, and communicates back and forth
from it to Vue." ? Is this an internal feature of Vue - that is because you
can use embedded python as a scripting language you can use the wxWidgets -
I'd be happy to read up on this if you have any references as I'd really
like to get to know how to create scripted plugins for other applications.