On May 14, 2007, at 1:52 PM, Devin Asay wrote:

On May 14, 2007, at 1:36 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
<snip>

Try:

on mouseLeave
 if the name of the target contains "graphic" then
  lock messages
  hide fld "myLabel"
 end if
end mouseLeave

I'm not sure it's a bug though I agree it probably feels like one.

Thanks, Jacque. That gets me part way there. The "thrashing" stops, but I still get the undesired hiding of the label field when I move the mouse over the part of the field that is also inside the graphic. It also prevents a label from showing in an adjacent graphic, if I move directly from one graphic to another, because the messages are locked. Ergo, no mouseEnter message for the adjacent object....

If I just add an unlock messages line after the hide fld it pretty much fixes it:

on mouseLeave
 if the name of the target contains "graphic" then
  lock messages
  hide fld "myLabel"
  unlock messages
 end if
end mouseLeave

The only problem left is a quick flash when I move between the graphic and the overlapping field. Annoying, but livable.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University