Hi,

using 2.8.0 and OS 10.3.9

I have been making the transition from an iBook to a MacBook and run into a situation that results in a crash everytime. The app has menus in unicode and nonunicode chars. The File menu for example is nonunicode. Special menus that might have unicoded menuitems added to them, eg a 'Windows' menu, are unicoded. There are menubars in English and Japanese but lets just talk about the English.

When I opened the project in English, the nonunicode menu names were reversed. File was iFel followed by dEti followed by oTlos.

I tried to open the stack that contains the group of btns that form the menu and that immediately crashes Rev. I tried renaming the menus using the message box and then opening my menu stack and still crash.

Anybody else done this kind of stupid thing viz. combing unicode with nonunicode menus?

What I really need to know is what to do to open my stack so I can edit things and make them all unicode.

Thanks
Ron