On May 15, 2007, at 3:55 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

I'm using the latest release of Rev 2.8.1

I create a new stack, add a single fld and a single button. In the button
script I add:

on mouseUp
 put the long ID of fld 1 into tID
 set the disabled of tID to not the disabled of tID
 put "fred" into tID
end mouseUp

When I press it, the field becomes disabled alternately (as expected). The
disabled is only here to show that tID is referenced correctly.

But, "fred" never gets put in the field? I wonder why? Is this a bug?

BTW, this does work:

set the text of tID to "fred"

I think it is a bug.  I guess I have always worked around it with:

put "fred" into fld id (word 3 of tID)

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software