Between the current position and .... what? :)

The local I need to read data from!

e.g. if I want to position the file at 129654

I have to set the position to 1 (by doing a read at 1) then read (129654 - 2, -1 cos we already read 1 character and another -1 to position to just before the required position).

Is this *really* no way of accessing a file with Random >2GB in RunRev?????

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave