HI All,

I have a problem and it's either tricky or I have been sitting in front of this keyboard for far too long!

I have a time-out value, it it fires it calls "HandleMessageTimeOutControl" (as well as other handlers). If the user clicks in the button, then I want to cancel the timeout (by sending a "HandleMessageTimeOutControl"). The code in Case 1 below works ok, except if contained in a Modal stack, if it is, then the modal fails to work after the first call. I'm guessing it's because the "OK" button did not get pressed. In case 2, the message gets sent twice which causes the dialog to skip on multiple calls.

What I really want is a way of tell if the mouseUp handler has been called by the user pressing the mouse or if it's via the "send" command.

Any ideas?

All the Best
Dave

Case 1:

on HandleMessageTimeOutControl theMessageID,theMessageKind,theMessageData
  local myMessageData

put ISMAppUtilsDecodeMessage(theMessageData,"String,") into myMessageData

  switch theMessageKind
  case "LTW_TimeOutComplete"
    save this stack
    close this stack

    break
  end switch
end HandleMessageTimeOutControl

on mouseUp
  local myMessageID
  local myMessageKind

  set the destroyStack of this stack to true
  put the cpControlMID_TimeOutControl of me into myMessageID
  put the cpControlMK_TimeOutCompleteCommand of me into myMessageKind
get ISMAppUtilsEncodeAndPutMessage (myMessageID,myMessageKind,"volatile","String",empty)
end mouseUp

Case 2:

on HandleMessageTimeOutControl theMessageID,theMessageKind,theMessageData
  local myMessageData

put ISMAppUtilsDecodeMessage(theMessageData,"String,") into myMessageData

  switch theMessageKind
  case "LTW_TimeOutComplete"
    send "mouseUp" to me in 1 tick