May be the crash Joe reported is NOT due to the RR Search engine!!! Read more...

This afternoon I have experienced two unexpectedly exits from Revolution and I restarted my machine. And then I had a very severe crash during a normal development session. I had no problem under Rev 2.7.4 for the same business. Before the crash the only "unusual" thing I made is printing a few cards and the print actually occured. But then when I exited Revolution the session has unexpectedly closed and I spent much time to be able to restart MacOSX (10.4.9 PPC). The Preview application was the only one opened apart from Revolution (and Finder of course) and I have not worked with any other applications during this user session.

If some other one experienced such a behavior, think about filling a bug before some catastrophic event happens... with 2.8.1.

Joel

I just tried the Search Engine you mentioned. There appears to be a very serious flaw to the Search engine - causing Revolution to unexpectedly quit and probably doing other damage as well, since my only recourse was to reboot. Even the dock was unresponsive. If I tried to reopen Rev, it appeared to reopen with the startup Rev Splash screen, but then was nowhere to be found. I realize I'm not being very specific, but this all was caused (twice) by clicking in the small black (color selection) box that appears in the upper right portion of the Search results window, the one that says it lets you select a color for keywords. As soon as the color selection dialog appeared and I attempted to change the color, Rev quit and the other things I mention occurred requiring that I reboot.

Just thought you'd like to know, since you say you wrote that part of the docs.

I'm running Rev 2.8.1 on OS 10.4.9 with an Intel Mac Dual Core. The first time it happened I had Isolator 1.0 turned on. The second time, I did not. Neither time did I have any other applications open; running Safari as the web browser.

Joe Wilkins