I have a touch screen application where i trigger all events via mousedowns (works best for that type of interface).

The problem is once and a while a mouse down event is not caught by revolution. it appears to usually happen after clicking on a button that brings up a different group and then when you quickly try to click on one of the newly visible group's buttons quickly the mousedown is not captured on the object that is clicked on (like a transparent button). the mousedown message does go onto the card level though. why would a button that was clicked on not get the mousedown, but the card get it? it seems a bit time dependent, as this does not occur if i wait a second or two before hitting the second button. it is almost like the group is not really there yet even though you can see it and the mousedown script appears to be over.

It does appear that all the other handlers are getting the proper message since the same button that appears not go grab the mousedown does get the mouseenter message.

I am also finding that the mousedown is automatically passed to the card from a button mousedown if the group the button is on is hidden as part of the button's script. if the group is not hidden as part of the button's mousedown script the mousedown is not passed. this seems odd to me.

This happens in both standalone and authoring environments. so far i have only been dealing with this on the mac os. same behavior in both rev 2.6 and 2.8.

I think this particular stack is the only time i have seen this behavior as i have used mousedowns a lot in other stacks and never found them to similar missing mousedown catches in objects.

cheers,

Jeffrey Reynolds