On Jun 6, 2007, at 4:01 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

Version 2:

on mouseUp
  set the width of fld 1 to the width of grc 1
  get the textsize of fld 1
  if it < 20 then add 5 to it
  set the textheight of fld 1 to it
  set the height of fld 1 to it
  set the loc of fld 1 to the loc of grc 1
end mouseUp

For this one, set the fixedLineHeight of the field to true, and the margins to 0. (It also depends on the font and size of the field rather than individual textchunks.)

It seems to work with the webdings example and a few others I tried up to a textsize around 100. More than that and it starts to drift downward, depending on the font. If the above isn't suitable I guess your image solution is the way to go.

This one works for webdings for me as well. I tried it with Arial (on Mac), textsize set to 48 and the "1" drifted towards the top of the circle. Does Arial work on your machine?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems