Richard Gaskin wrote:

While the Home stack is in the message path in both HyperCard and Rev, it isn't among the backScripts. BackScripts were introduced in SuperCard and later added to MetaCard/Revolution, but that specific mechanism was never supported in HyperCard.

HyperCard did support libraries ("start using..."), but the Home stack isn't list among those either.

It seems the Home stack is a special case, inserted into the message path automatically without either of those mechanisms. Given that the development engine requires it there's nothing we can do about that; whether we show it or not that required stack will still be in the message path during development in any IDE.

Right. Trivia: When you "start using" a stack, its script is inserted ahead of the Home stack (for HC compatibility.) When you insert a backscript, the script is inserted behind the Home stack, closer to the engine.

In the MC IDE (and also the Rev IDE I think, but I'm not positive) it doesn't matter since Home doesn't insert its own script in either way. But in a standalone, the main stack acts like the Home stack and it may make a difference which syntax you use.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]