From: "Chipp Walters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I remember it well as I had spent a bunch of time creating it, only to end
up killing it based upon your loud objections of being there first. I
expected great things from your subsequent offering-- which never came ('in
2 weeks' was what  you said). My first introduction to the Open Source
community.

It's a pattern I've seen in respect of other communities for programming tools too. Yet..... Funny enough the ones who have a commercial bent (i.e. they earn money from it somewhere along the line) take off and become little Meccas of source code and tools. For example:

www.torry.net

Here's a summary of what the site holds in terms of source code, products etc:

Authors total:  4179
Products total:  8703
Files total:  10330

Scott Kane