Lastly I'll mention this. I am a hobbyist 3D user:
<http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/vuelab/FutureLab.htm>

I make no money from it, but enjoy using the tool, Vue6-Infinite, immensely.
I also participate in a number of the 3D forums (Renderosity, CGTalk, etc..)
and I find the loudest complainers against Vue6 are other hobbyists. This
isn't meant to say all hobbyists are complainers, just that most of the
disgruntled are not making a living in 3D. I have my own theories why this
is.

-Chipp

Could the difference that accounts for some of it in case of 3D programs as well as Rev and others be the level of immersion?

Robert