But Shari, the last comma provides zero as the last item. Not very useful and potentially hazardous, I agree.

Joe  Wilkins

On Jun 13, 2007, at 12:46 PM, Shari wrote:

This may not affect any of you, but I discovered a change that has sent me scurrying thru a lot of hoops wondering why my code was broken.

The original Metacard handled the min() function as Hypercard once did. But later versions handle it differently. If your program was originally written in Hypercard or Metacard and ported to Revolution, you might be affected by this.

The min() function returns different results depending on the engine version:

min(1,2,3,4,)   # note the extra comma

Hypercard 2.4.1 = 1
Metacard 2.4.3 = 1
MC/Rev 2.7.4 = 0
MC/Rev 2.8.1 = 0

I do not know if Rev would consider this a bug, or a "feature". Does anybody know?

max(1,2,3,4,) produces 4, as one would expect.

Shari
--
Windows and Macintosh shareware games
BIackjack Gold