Hi,

With the switch to and from tool mode, the image and the player are one frame apart, e.g. it should run like this:

Frame    Player     Image
   22           22           --
   22           22         22

   27           27         22
   27           27         27

   32           32        27
   32           32        32

But instead it runs:

Frame    Player     Image
   22           22         --
   22           22         --

   27           27         --
   27           27         22

   32           32        22
   32           32        22

So I am getting the buffer from the *previous* frame of the player.

Try not using imageData, use "the text of" or just "put" instead:

  put myVar into image "imageThumbnail"
or:
  set the text of image "imageThumbnail" to myVar

I have changed the code to use the "set the text of" form, but it behaves the manner. Also the Stack is flakey, sometimes when I double- click on the player object in the IDE to get its property inspector, RunRev Crashes with unexpected quit.

Here is the modified function:

local sgOldImageData

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
--
--  PDFGetFrameThumbnail
--

  --
  --  Set up the Rectangle for the Player Frame

  --
  --  Calculate the Position in the Movie and Play the Frame
  --

  put theFrameNumber * 24 into myCurrentTime
set the playSelection of player "PlayerThumbnail" of card 1 of me to true set the startTime of player "PlayerThumbnail" of card 1 of me to myCurrentTime set the endTime of player "PlayerThumbnail" of card 1 of me to (myCurrentTime + 1)

  choose pointer tool
  wait .25 seconds with messages

  --
  --  Grab the Frame
  --

  choose browse tool
  wait .25 seconds with messages

  set the text of image "ImageThumbnail" of card 1 of me to myImageData
  if myImageData = sgOldImageData then
    breakpoint
  end if

  wait 1 seconds with messages