hi key, yes, that is the situation. there is no sizing conflict that is forcing the drawer to the left. it is the inverse --it opens on the right ONLY if there is a sizing conflict on the left. i'm talking not about the visible "edges" but about the virtual rect (which i'm always asking the msg to report). it behaves exactly as if it has a left-open default that i can't edit.