Dave Cragg wrote:

On 1 Jul 2007, at 17:30, Ken Ray wrote:
That's correct - anything that gets virtualized ends up being
virtualized for only that user... so until we get a tool that lets our
apps get elevated permission levels on Vista (hint, hint, RunRev?), we
cannot install in a universally accessible area to all users without
having someone with a specific set of permissions log in and do it.

I see Rev's own updater tool is affected by this. (Need to set the app to "Run as Administrator" to get it to work.)

I don't have Vista yet but I know this is going to come up for my clients eventually. Could someone give a step by step instruction for setting an app to run as administrator, something that I can quote until I break down and get my own copy?

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]