On Windows, and am using the auto-update architecture, i.e. a compiled
auto-loader app that pulls non-compiled main stack updates from the network.  I
have two questions that I would like advice on.

-1-
How to optimize the bulk:  Given that the auto-loader should avoid having to
update itself, and given then that the main stack constitutes the baggage that
has to be schlepped around, does it not make sense to remove hefty and
unlikely-to-change elements from the main stack and put them into the
auto-loader?  For example, UI image elements that add a lot to the file size of
the main stack could instead be anchored in the auto-loader.  In other words,
what are the ramifications to me saying:

"If element X will not change, put it into the auto-loader half."

-2-
How do I distribute this architecture on CD, without requiring that the user be
connected to the network.  In the non-CD delivery, I state that first use
requires connectivity.  But I would like the ability to provide the entire
thing on disk as well.  Do I need an installer that wraps everything?

Thanks.

Mark