"killall ProcessName" should do what you want

--
cb

On 7/9/07, Chris Sheffield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My Unix scripting knowledge leaves a bit to be desired, so I thought
I'd ask here for some help.

I have a Vise installer for OS X that needs to check for and kill our
own process if it's running. The installer will be authenticated when
running. I need a shell script that I can execute from within the
installer that will determine, by name, if a given process is
running, and then kill it dead if so. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally