Thanks Jim,
Okaay ! I better understand now
Something I did not know (among a lot of things).
I thought I had made a "revolutionary" discovery  ;-)))

André

Le 10 juil. 07 à 19:25, Jim Ault a écrit :

On 7/10/07 8:22 AM, "André.Bisseret" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nevertheless, I did not waste my time completely : when searching my
error, I tried by chance to put my var in line 0 of the field and I
discovered that actually, a field has a line 0 !!!!
In fact,  it seems to be quasi synonymous of line 1

-- The use of line 0 of fld "textLines"
--    is the same as
before line 1 of fld "textLines"
-- or before fld "textLines"

thus

put "preamble" into line 0 of fld "textLines"
put cr into line 0 of fld "textLines"
put "this is a separate line now" before fld "textLines"
put "NOTE:" before line 1 of fld "textLines"

Jim Ault
Las Vegas