Oh - this is the on I did for animating the texsize (without acceleration):

setprop text_Zoom [someSpeed] maxSize
   if someSpeed is empty then put 2 into someSpeed
   put item -1 of maxSize into maxSize
   put the long id of the target into targetObject

   put (the textsize of targetObject) + someSpeed into newSize
   if newSize >= maxSize then
       set the textsize of targetObject to maxSize
   else
       set the textsize of targetObject to newSize

       -- recurse
       -- wait 1 milliseconds
       -- put "set the text_Zoom [someSpeed] of targetObject to maxSize"
into pigeon
       put "set the text_Zoom [" & someSpeed & "] of me to" && maxSize into
pigeon
       send pigeon to targetObject in 1 millisecond
   end if
end text_Zoom

I can only do a few of these at a time on my PowerBook.