Is the short name of your template stack the same as the short name of
the data stack that was cloned? If so, the engine may be confused about
which stack it should be putting the data into.

Hi Jacqueline,
No. I followed Sarah's advice. When the clone is created, rev names it 'copy of dataTemplate'. The script renames it whatever the user chooses. In my real app, there is a handler to warn the user if she has chosen a forbidden name, but I did not include that in my demonstration.

One possible problem is the following two lines:

    set the custompropertyset of stack whichFile to "allDataProps"
    set the customproperties["allDataProps"] of stack whichFile
to ......

I don't think you need the first line, and it could be the cause of
the problem (just guessing).

and

The line
    set the custompropertyset of stack whichFile to "allDataProps"
in your script ought not to be necessary.

Hi Dave, Tereza,
Originally I did not have that line in there. I added it sometime in the past three weeks that I have been working on this problem. I will do some more testing.

Have you checked whether the data is where it belongs before the save
and close?
You might write the contents of one of the "allDataProps"
properties of the whichfile stack (along with a labeling string) to
stdout just before you close it, then open the console application
and watch what happens when you run the standalone.

Hi Tereza,
yes, and good idea!

Michael Binder