I'm trying to create a floating screen keyboard application that will allow me to use a mouse to "type" into other applications by clicking on the keys in the floating keyboard. I'm trying to do this on a Mac under OS X 10.4.x using Rev 2.8.1.

For example, if I'm using a web browser on a projected image, I might be using a mouse only and want to be able to type into the browser URL address box. I have looked a the built-in OS X keyboard viewer and it is too small, can't be resized and you can't use it to type in capital letters! This is why I thought I'd see if I could make an app in Rev that presented a scalable floating keyboard for mouse entry of text.

However, I can't see how I can send individual characters to whatever is the currently active window as if they had been typed on the real keyboard.

Any suggestions please?

Peter