Hi Trevor,

On Aug 27, 2007, at 4:30 AM, Klaus Major wrote:
I am sure this has been answered some time in the past, but what can I do
to use the revMail command with Umlauts in the "body"?
This does work:
revMail "[EMAIL PROTECTED]",,"The subject","Something without Umlauts in it..."
This does NOT work:
revMail "[EMAIL PROTECTED]",,"The subject","Sömething with Ümläüts in it..."
A mail is being generated, but the BODY is empty.
Thanks in advance.
no hints anyone? C'mon, please! :-)
You are trying this on OS X? If so I seem to recall coming across this issue a long time ago and tracking it down to an AppleScript issue. I don't remember any more than that though.

Yes, on OS X, but this has been already solved, please see Kenjis post from 14:15.

Does work with:
  put unidecode(the unicodeText of fld "tBody",UTF8) into tBody
  revmail tAddress,tCc,tSubject,tBody

although I have not the slightest idea WHY it does work this way :-)

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems

Regards