Thanks, Andre,

I'm going to test it. This might come in very handy for a few educational projects of mine. Oh, and congratulations with your first external!

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Quickly extract data from your HyperCard stacks with DIFfersifier. http://differsifier.economy-x-talk.com

Op 17-sep-2007, om 7:16 heeft Andre Garzia het volgende geschreven:

My Friends,
I am here to announce my first external. Called libKiosk, it taps into the
power of Mac OS X SystemUIMode to enable true apple-standard kiosk
applications. It will do the following things:

* Prevent application switching using CMD+TAB or CMD+SHIFT+TAB
* Prevent force quit
* Prevent power button from bringing up dialog (only in KioskModeFull)
* Remove both the dock and the apple menu from the interface

The external has three commands

KioskModeOn - enters kiosk mode, user is all locked into kiosk except for the fact that the power button still works (that dialog sleep, shutdown,
logout...)

KioskModeFull - enters full kiosk mode where we remove everything and the
power button.

KioskModeOff - makes the UI normal again.

This external follows apple technical note on building kiosk applications,
it is not a hack, it's the real thing! :D

Homepage and download: http://andregarzia.com/libKiosk.html

libKiosk is free and donations are welcome.

Have fun building Kiosks!

PS: this is my first external! :-D

Andre