Sounds good, John. Thanks for sharing your experience. This is good news after reading the somewhat disturbing information in the archives.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Quickly extract data from your HyperCard stacks with DIFfersifier. http://differsifier.economy-x-talk.com

Op 2-okt-2007, om 0:56 heeft John Tregea het volgende geschreven:

Hi Mark,

It was pretty straightforward, I defined the ODBC data source under Win XP and connected to it from the database query builder (Rev Enterprise 2.8.1) with no problem. I attached the query to a field table object and was able to read and update records without error.

Usually I use the reOpenDatabase, revExecuteSQL etc, but for the sake of the experiment just went for the simple approach. Mind you I haven't tried this on a network yet, it was a local ODBC data source.

I haven't explored how flexible the ODBC interface is but will have to get to that soon. The product I am building abstracts the presentation layer away from any particular brand of SQL (or ODBC) and will handle the mapping between multiple host database types.

Regards

John