True, I should have clarified.

FMP pushes it through your OS mail client, the mail.it plugin (among others) will email from within FMP
(the mail.it plugin is excellent btw).

Cheers,

Luis.

On 4 Oct 2007, at 05:03, Bruce Robertson wrote:

Hiya,

Anyone tried OpenBase (http://www.openbase.com/) as an alternative?
I'll admit I haven't used it much, but found performance much better
that FMP.

I have seen a very impressive POS made with it, can't recall the name.

Nice thing I noticed was that some functions are available as standard,
whereas they're plugins in FMP (like integrated email for instance,
although basic).

Cheers,

Luis.

Not quite true.

FileMaker has built in scriptable email generation that sends message
through your mail client application.

For a broader range of features such as multiple attachments you do need a
plugin.