Fascinating stuff! Thanks Andre! I'm sure many besides me appreciate your sharing this.

Phil Davis

Andre Garzia wrote:
Hello Friends,
this topic begins the week of web app related articles and posts...

Now a solution. Yes, I do have a solution that actually solves everything.
With Apache web server version 2.0 and up, a new module was released. It is
called mod_proxy_balancer. A combination of this module and multiple
instances of RevHTTP can do miracles.

Apache mod_proxy_balancer will act as a proxy...

Apache will take care of scheduling all the requests, it will also deal with
blocked processes and the like. I plan to make a tutorial and example on
this shortly.

Andre