andreas wrote:
In short:
Older runrev standalone will not write the CFBundleIdentifier
which is used by OS X to identify the app for parental control.
You have to set this manually with an editor. Well worked:
PlistEditPro which you can download freely. The apple Plist editor.

Check if you have a line with:
CFBundleIdentifier
if not, add one and set the identifier for example to: com.yourcompany.blabla

Thanks for the info. I was curious about this, so I created a non-admin account with Parental Controls, and tried to assign my Rev-based app to it. I got a prompt that said that app was unable to be used with that account type.

So I then modified the plist within that app's bundle, and a key and string as you noted, and I get the same prompt.

What needs to be done to make an app usable with Parental Controls?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal