Hi,

on a side note:
It's nice that some people are trying to improve the documentation (wiki, etc.), but on the other hand, there are people (me) who even can't read the existing documentaion =:-/

The solution to my problem is the closeField message, which is only sent when the content *has* changed.

Thanks Stephen!

Regards,
        Claus.

check the field locking.

from the docs:

If the control is an unlocked field or a button whose menuMode is "comboBox", the openField message is sent to it instead of the focusIn message.

A locked field receives the focusIn message when the user tabs to it or otherwise makes it active (focused), or when text in it is selected by a handler.

Hi,

i have problems with the focusIn message.

What i want to achive is to remember the value of a field
when the user is editing it (on focusIn). After that (on focusOut),
i would like to check the new value against the remembered one.
If they are different, the change has to be saved,
so i ask the user to do so when he's leaving the card.

I think the focusIn message is not sent because even something like

on focusIn
        beep
end focusIn

does not work.