I agree with Erick and believe it's most likely a hot partitions issue.

I'd check "Compacted partition maximum bytes" in nodetool tablestats on
those "affected" nodes and compare the result with the other nodes.
I'd also check how the cpu_load is affected. From my experience, during
excessive GC the cpu_load is first to show stress, which correlates with
dropped mutations/reads that may occur (you can search the logs for such
drops). If you run repairs and use local_quorum you might not feel it, but
still worth to avoid this.
Another thing that comes to mind is a considerable amount of tombstones or
updated rows for some partitions that may create unnecessary overhead and
increased GC pressure.

Regards,