Hi C* gurus,

I'm looking for the best strategy to delete records from a "wide" table.
"wide" means the table stores records which have a UUID-style id element of the key - within each partition

So yes, its not the partitioning key... The partitioning key is actually kind of a customerId at the moment and actually I'm not even sure this is the right model for this table... Given the fact that number of curtomerIds <<< number of UUIDs probably not. But lets exclude this for a moment maybe and come back to the main question of mine!

So the question:
when I delete records from this table, given the fact I can and I will delete in "batch fashion" (imagine kind of a scheduled job which collects - let's say - 1000 records) every time I do deletes...

Would there be a difference (in terms of generated tombstones) if I would

a) issue delete one-by-one like
DELETE FROM ... WHERE ... uuid = 'a'
DELETE FROM ... WHERE ... uuid = 'b'
DELETE FROM ... WHERE ... uuid = 'z'

or

b) issue delete in a group fashion like
DELETE FROM ... WHERE ... uuid in ('a', 'b', ... 'z')

?

or is there any other way to effeicently delete which I miss here?

thanks!

--
Attila Wind

http://www.linkedin.com/in/attilaw