Can you share please what replica placement strategy ( in keyspace definition)
and   partitioner is used across nodes ?
~Asad

From: Sandeep Nethi <nethisande...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 1:12 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra scale-out with no traffic on newly joined nodes

That would be my last option to add a new host as contant point but as per my
understanding cassandra should auto discover newly joined nodes and server or
load balance connections automatically but it's not happening. So, i'm trying
to understand what could be the root cause here.

Another problem that I have noticed is, the number of native client connections
on newly joined nodes vs old nodes is 1:7 and client connections are not
balanced across nodes (old nodes are overloaded compared to newly joined
nodes). Since i have a 6 node cluster with 3 racks, is it mandatory to have
rack awareness in driver load balancer?

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 6:02 PM manish khandelwal