> we had an awful performance/throughput experience with 3.x coming from 2.1.
> 3.11 is simply a memory hog, if you are using batch statements on the client
> side. If so, you are likely affected by

Confirming what Thomas writes, heavy users of batch statements can likely hit
memory issues in 3.0 and 3.11.

It is worth testing upgrades for these memory issues and if evident waiting for
CASSANDRA-16201 to land in a release before upgrading to 3.11 (skip 3.0).

Further background info on why you want 3.11 over 3.0 is in CASSANDRA-15430,
CASSANDRA-13929 and CASSANDRA-9766 (but this is all very much dependant on
16201 landing).

regards,
Mick