OS upgrades most often don't have any impact on C*, and you'd likely only
expect trouble on a major upgrade, but this would typically be related to
package installation, rather than any effects on the database itself.
I wouldn't be too worried about going from RHEL7.4 to 7.9, however going to
8 you may want to test your installation/systemd units/OS settings you may
have tuned.
Best practice is to do a test run on a non production cluster, and always
perform a rolling upgrade one node at a time to ensure no downtime.

Also play it safe and don't perform more than one operation at a time. Do
the OS upgrade only - and try to avoid changes to Cassandra itself.

Cheers,
Kane

raft.so - Cassandra consulting, support, and managed services