Hi,

I am trying to explore a use case for Pig.

Developers within my company have plenty of Excel docs + macro programming
(it should be VBA / I don't know myself how to create an Excel macro). They
want to exit this kind of programming. They are looking for proposals to
treat their Excel docs.

Exit VBA : not appropriate
Another solution could be Spark, but my guess is that, coming from VBA,
it's a bit harsh. The gap is wide.

So, I came to think about Pig. Pig has several advantages here:
* imperative style programming
* Pig could run on a single PC, according to a local mode
* Pig could be used to distribute work (on an Hadoop cluster) if the
processing is important enough (due to the data volume).

The point is: how to run Pig without any Hadoop configuration on a local PC
? That was my previous question/email for this ML.

This being said, is there any other person using Pig for a similar
Excel-related use case ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Dominique